Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS660466
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Wanneroo Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint an energetic and motivated Cleaner In Charge to join their team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for organising and supervising the cleaning staff, opening and locking of the school, including setting the security alarm system. Alongside with the Manager Corporate Services you will liaise on all cleaning matters ensuring there is consistency with the Department’s policies, training and procedures on school cleaning. In addition, you will monitor and manage staff leave entitlements in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services and ensure all leave and allowance forms are completed and submitted to the relevant Line Manager. You will be responsible for ordering and maintaining stock and equipment, and monitoring the cleaning budget.
Wanneroo SC is committed to the education, both academically and socially, of every student who walks through our doors. We consider our staff and students our greatest assets - our teachers are experienced and highly skilled, and our students are friendly, inclusive and always striving for excellence.
Wanneroo SC is set in native gardens with a rock pool and numerous trees that contribute to a peaceful learning environment. The College is continually upgrading its facilities, as a consequence there is a new Sports Centre and refurbishment of the Theatre will commence shortly.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wanneroo Secondary College please visit wanneroosc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Gail Bennett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6401 9800 (during school term) or 0438 382 574 (during school holidays) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- The ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- A comprehensive CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.