Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE658539
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Business and Customer Services (BCS) Directorate is looking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Consultant Recordkeeping in the Corporate Information Services branch.
The Business and Customer Services Directorate supports the objectives and outcomes of clients by providing value for money corporate services through skilled and motivated people. The BCS Directorate aims to deliver services within an environment of standardised systems and processes. The Corporate Information Services Branch works to improve information quality, accessibility, reliability and security to support departmental business and is responsible for the provision of records management, Freedom of Information (FOI) and Library services.
As the Consultant Recordkeeping you would develop and provide training and awareness in records management and recordkeeping responsibilities to ensure consistency and accuracy in relation to the Department’s Recordkeeping Plan and Policy. The successful applicant will assist with the development and implementation of state-wide records management systems in electronic and hardcopy mediums and will provide ongoing support for records management. In this role you will also provide routine advice, interpretation and accurate and timely information to the Coordinator Record Keeping Program and senior management with respect to customer service and other recordkeeping matters.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Practical experience with an Electronic Document and Records Management System and the ability to design and deliver training programs, workshops and presentations.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing state government recordkeeping.
- Well developed analytical and conceptual skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
- Well developed verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Well developed organisational skills with the ability to analyse, develop and assess priority activities and meet agreed targets.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Patricia Alexander, Coordinator RKP Implementation & Support, by telephoning (08) 9264 4381 or emailing Patricia.Alexander@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A submission addressing all of the job related requirements as per the attached JDF with no more than three (3) pages, outlining your knowledge, skills and experience in meeting the job related requirements and within the context of the position.
- A full comprehensive detailed CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- hold or obtain a current Class C Western Australian Driver’s Licence
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 27 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED