Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE669270
This is a permanent full-time position commencing February 2021
The Financial Planning and Resourcing Branch is seeking to appoint a highly dedicated and motivated individual to the role of Principal Financial Analyst. This position delivers high quality and insightful reports to the Minister, Corporate Executive and other key internal stakeholders relating to the Department's budgetary performance.
The successful applicant will have strong data analysis and financial modelling skills, as a key component of the role is to provide financial information that contributes to financial planning and resourcing decisions across a large and complex organisation.
Using scenario based costing models, the successful applicant provides strategic financial advice during Enterprise Bargaining Agreement negotiations, and a broad range of financial information to a range of internal stakeholders.
The applicant will possess high level conceptual and strategic thinking skills. This role works with staff across Finance and Commercial Services to determine the financial implications of changes in whole of government and departmental policies, as well as new and revised Australian Accounting Standards, and ensures these changes are reflected in departmental budgetary performance information.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial knowledge of accounting standards and government policy and direction and experience in contemporary financial management, including budget preparation, resource management and reporting and financial control, in a large/complex organisation.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to provide high-level solutions in the context of financial governance and accountability.
- Highly developed skills and experience in leading, managing and facilitating a team, including a proven ability to lead individuals through continuous change and coordinate and deliver a financial management service.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to undertake productive consultation, collaboration, negotiation and build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on complex financial issues.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including extensive experience in preparing reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial/Parliamentary requests.
- Substantial experience in the use of financial management information systems and budget tools.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tina Pritchard, Manager, Budget Management and Analysis by telephoning (08) 9264 5085 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria 1, 2 and 4 in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to six (6) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a relevant tertiary qualification in business, commerce, finance or related field or substantial equivalent experience; and
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
Employees will be required to:
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED