Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS668108
Are you enthusiastic, reliable and organised? Do you have what it takes to work with our efficient cleaning team to help make our school sparkling clean and safe? If yes, we want to hear from you!
Manjimup Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year up until the end of Term 1, 2022.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs. They will also complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Manjimup SHS is a Year 7-12 Independent Public School with a farm school component and an off-site campus. It has a friendly welcoming atmosphere and a committed and highly competent workforce. Established in 1957, the school is recognised for its high student achievement and flexible approach to education and training. Manjimup SHS is the only Senior High School in the inland corridor of the Southwest Education Region.
Surrounded by forests and a diverse rural landscape, Manjimup has an excellent range of commercial services and a reputation as a clean, green place to live. Manjimup is a 3-hour drive from Perth and is a regional growth centre. The school is part of a multi-purpose campus comprising Manjimup Primary School, Manjimup Education Support Centre, Manjimup Campus of South Regional TAFE. We have a long standing partnership with Edith Cowan University (ECU).
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Manjimup Senior High School please visit www.manjimupshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Ms Deborah St Laurenz, Business Support Officer for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Manjimup, by telephoning (08) 9771 3409 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
1. A detailed CV or Resume outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV or Resume should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
2. A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
3. A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement or can be collected from Manjimup Senior High School reception, Rutherford Street, Manjimup WA 6258 Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:00pm. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to Manjimup Senior High School reception, Rutherford Street, Manjimup WA 6258, Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:00pm before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 January 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED