Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE666275
This is a permanent full-time position commencing February 2021
The Capital Works and Maintenance Branch is seeking to appoint a highly dedicated and motivated individual to the role of Senior Project Officer.
The Senior Project Officer will manage the coordination, planning, design and development of capital works projects and provide advice and support services to schools within a specific geographical region, ensuring building and related needs are identified and assessed in line with Departmental policy, criteria and equity issues.
Within this role you will be required to provide recommendations through briefing notes to the Director General and Minister and the delivery of client-focussed responses to enquiries from school communities and members of the public. The ability to be flexible and organised to provide an effective consultancy service within budget in a customer-focussed manner and to work collaboratively in a team is highly regarded.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial experience in project management, including the ability to deliver agreed outcomes within specified timeframes.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare quality reports and briefings and to deliver presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to provide innovative input into strategic planning and the development and implementation of key projects and policies.
- Highly developed research and investigation skills.
- Highly developed ability to be flexible and organised and to provide an effective consultancy service within budget in a customer-focussed manner and to work collaboratively in a team.
- Substantial understanding of schools facilities, particularly in relation to needs assessment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lenore Stanton, Principal Project Officer by telephoning (08) 9264 5080 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED