Please note as of 8:46am (WST) Thursday, 14 January the closing date has been amended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE663062
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Department’s Solutions Development and Maintenance (SDM) branch is seeking to appoint a highly dedicated individual to the role of Team Leader Systems (Enterprise).
SDM has the responsibility for implementing, building and maintaining technical solutions and products that meet business needs whilst aligning to development, security and architectural standards.
We are seeking an individual with experience in the solutions development lifecycle of complex, enterprise-level systems, in an Agile framework. Extensive technical experience with complex ICT projects. Exceptional leadership capabilities, demonstrating high levels of agility with regard to the management of competing demands and multiple streams of work, and the adaptation to changing environments and expectations. The ability to build and maintain productive and influential relationships with senior stakeholders and technical teams.
The Team Leader Systems (Enterprise) will:
- Oversee the development, support and maintenance of enterprise applications.
- Manage the technical roadmap for the key systems within the portfolio.
- Work in collaboration with the technical staff and teams to lead the development of digital innovation strategies and identify opportunities for automation and continuous improvement.
- Provide high-order strategic advice to stakeholders in relation to enterprise systems.
- Provide strategic advice and process guidance to a range of stakeholders regarding application enhancements,
- Ensure performance, maintainability, scalability, availability, security and accessibility of ICT systems are aligned with the Department’s ICT strategy and the Architecture Office.
- Effectively manage client and vendor relationships.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Department’s migration to cloud.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level project management skills and experience in development, support and maintenance of integrated Enterprise Systems in a large and complex organisation.
- Highly developed leadership, planning and change management skills, with the ability to coordinate and deliver strategic outcomes.
- Highly developed written, oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships and networks and to undertake high level productive consultations, collaborations and negotiations on complex issues.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and experience in applying innovative solutions to complex problems and issues.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of Solutions Development Life Cycle and integration principles and practices.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please contact Miriam Sanchez-Blanco, Manager Solutions Development & Maintenance, by telephoning (08) 9264 4233 or emailing email@example.com
For further job related information:
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 28 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED