Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS667858
Can you make our school sparkle? If so, then apply now!
Shenton College is seeking to appoint up to six permanent energetic and motivated cleaners to join their team.
Applicants must be permanent residents to apply.
We currently have the following positions available:
Six (6) x – permanent part-time 0.38 FTE position/s
All positions will commence Term 1, 2021
Under the Assistant Cleaner in Charge, suitable applicants will be conscientious workers, having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment. You will have pride in your work and assist the team as they strive to keep the school environment clean and safe in accordance with Department procedures. Previous experience will be an advantage but not absolutely necessary.
Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and cleaning equipment including operating and safety instructions would be highly advantageous. The ability to interpret Material Safety Data Sheets would also be desirable. You will also have the ability to use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners, etc. Suitable applicants should be able to communicate effectively, as well as be able to work as a member of a team.
Shenton College is one of Australia’s leading co-educational schools and consists of a Head of Middle School (Years 7 to 8), Head of Lower Senior School (Years 9 to 10) and Head of Senior School (Years 11 to 12). The College currently has 2500 students and over 250 staff. The College’s strength is in its commitment to develop the ‘whole child’ and to empower them to be independent and confident learners so that they can be purposeful contributors to an increasingly interdependent world. Our success is built on solid foundations and on the skills of an outstanding staff.
Shenton College has a proud culture of excellence. The selective gifted and talented program requires staff to appreciate and be responsive to the needs of gifted students. With a ‘can do’ capacity to problem solve, our staff pride themselves in delivering outstanding services to our students, parents and community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Shenton College please visit https://www.shenton.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online or download the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Dianne Firkin by telephoning (08) 9366 9255 or during school holidays 0411431394 or emailing Dianne.Firkin@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application,
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 January 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.