Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH667035
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Marble Bar Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated Kindergarten to Year 4 Primary Teacher to join their team.
The successful applicant will ideally demonstrate enthusiasm to adopt the Pilbara Partners for Student Success and Talk 4 Writing and an explicit letters and sounds literacy approach. Given we are a small school, a high level of initiative, commitment to establishing high quality relationships with the school community and interpersonal skills will be required for you to succeed in this role.
The successful applicant will be committed to making a difference in the lives of young people. They will be motivated, practical, hardworking, and innovative whilst possessing outstanding interpersonal skills. The successful applicant will pursue excellence in classroom teaching; and provide encouragement and support to your colleagues. They will make student academic achievement the core of their work.
Care, Inspire and Thrive - these are the core values of our vibrant and unique school community. We strive to give all students the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to achieve their individual potential and contribute as responsible members of society.
Marble Bar Primary school caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Our school supports students to reach their potential by providing high quality teaching and engaging students in a nurturing environment. We respectfully acknowledge the past and present traditional owners of the land on which the school is set - the Nyamal people, who are the custodians.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Marble Bar Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Shane Wilson, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Marble Bar, by telephoning 0417 961 040 or emailing Shane.Wilson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 January 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.