Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH668433
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Pannawonica Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and motivated Secondary Teacher to teach Mathematics from Year 7-10 and Health & Physical Education from Pre-Primary to Year 10.
Pannawonica PS is a modern and well-resourced school located in the closed-mining town of Pannawonica in the Western Pilbara. As a closed mining town, our school supports Rio Tinto employees and those working in town services.
Our school’s vision is ‘Ohana’; we ensure that nobody is left behind or forgotten. Our staff morale is very high, and everyone is part of our extended family.
To uphold our vision, our school operates like a District High School offering onsite Year 7/8 and Year 9/10 classes to our Secondary Students taught by our Secondary Teaching Team with our Year 11 and 12 students continuing their education through the School of Isolated and Distance Education.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and motivated Secondary Teacher – Mathematics and Health & Physical Education to our Secondary Team.
The successful applicant will work as part of this team of Secondary Trained Teachers to meet the needs of our Year 7-12 students. This team environment extends beyond our town with our school working closely with a number of Secondary Schools across the state with regular interschool events taking place.
Our students are engaged, positive and are excited to learn. As such, the successful applicant will value and implement effective, innovative and engaging learning programs and will work collaboratively with staff to apply whole school approaches for Curriculum delivery including consistent approaches in Pedagogy, Social and Emotional learning and Engagement across the school.
Furthermore, the successful applicant will possess outstanding interpersonal skills and will be able to form strong positive relationships with students, staff, parents/caregivers and the wider community. They will value and commit to a positive school culture.
Pannawonica is a fun place to live and work. It offers both a rewarding career as well as many professional, financial, and personal benefits which currently include:
- Transportation to and from the location on appointment
- A significant Country Teacher allowance in accordance with the General Agreement
- Significantly subsidised housing through Rio Tinto
- Utilities are provided free of charge through Rio Tinto
- Access to a number of free amenities in town
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Pannawonica Primary School can be found by visiting https://www.pannawonicaps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Ben Jamieson, Principal, by telephoning 0421 782 195 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 January 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.