Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS668674
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Vasse Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and organised Gardener - Handyperson to join their energetic team.
The successful applicant will be required to maintain and present the school grounds, gardens and sporting areas in a clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. You will maintain tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition and perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. You will also be expected to monitor and maintain the reticulation systems and the formal and informal sports grounds.
The successful applicant will ideally possess good interpersonal skills, along with the ability to receive and carry out instructions as required. You will perform tasks and duties using safe work practices and maintain accurate gardening records.
Vasse Primary School is an established and integral part of the Vasse community. Catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6, our staff are committed to providing a safe, creative and highly engaging learning environment for children, giving them the skills and knowledge to become resilient, well balanced, lifelong learners.
Vasse Primary School actively promotes its PBS behavioural expectations of 'Be Responsible, Be Respectful and Be Your Best'. Everywhere in the school the school expectations are displayed to ensure all members of the school community are aware of the expected behaviours in the school.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Vasse Primary School please visit www.vasseps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Sinan Kerimofski, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Vasse, by telephoning 0404003655 or emailing Sinan.Kerimofski@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Email your completed application form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time or;
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school letterbox at the front of the school [17 Kaloorup Road, Vasse] before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 28 January 2021.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.