Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS657726
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Do you have a green thumb and thrive on a ‘hands on’ role?
Lancelin Primary School (PS) is seeking an energetic and efficient Gardener - Handyperson to join their team. As our schools Gardener - Handyperson you will have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy working to provide a suitable growing environment for soft and hard landscaping.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy condition. We are seeking applicants with effective communication skills to maintain accurate gardening records and provide advice to the Manager Corporate Services on school grounds maintenance. To be successful as Gardener - Handyperson you will be confident in performing minor repairs and perform all duties using safe work practices.
As the Gardener - Handyperson you will be required to keep the school grounds, gardens and all sporting areas clean, tidy and clearly marked. The successful applicant will be required to carry out minor repairs and maintenance according to the department’s policies and guidelines. A capacity to work unsupervised and recognise work needing to be done without specific direction is desirable as is a working knowledge of gardening machinery and reticulation. The applicant will also ideally also have superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a vast range of personnel.
Lancelin PS is a small crayfishing coastal town 150 kms north of Perth. It boasts beautiful silver sandy beaches, white meandering sand dunes that stretch for miles and has a beautiful bay for water sports and fishing.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Lancelin Primary School please visit www.lancelinps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jemma Temby, Principal, by telephoning 0423 465 770 or email CarolynJ.Cook@education.wa.edu.au .
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria one (1) and two (2) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 19 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED