Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS663691
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Cyril Jackson Senior Campus are looking to appoint a hard-working and thorough Assistant Cleaner In Charge to join their team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and rubbish removal. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. The successful applicant will ideally have highly developed interpersonal skills and work well as part of a team.
In addition to these responsibilities, other tasks may include coordinating cleaning staff tasks; providing on the job induction training for new cleaning staff; opening and locking the school, including setting the security alarm system.
Cyril Jackson SC offers an alternative to students who wish to study senior school courses in an adult environment with an ethos of strong support. We pride ourselves on our ability to accommodate difference, our flexibility and our commitment to innovation. Students who attend campus come from all over the metropolitan area.
All staff are committed to the principles of student centred learning and working together in a collegiate and flexible manner to achieve the best possible outcome for each of the students. Our vision is to create an innovative learning community which values integrity, inclusivity, academic rigour and lifelong learning within a supportive environment. We foster an adult ethos in which we value the individual qualities of each student promoting independent learning, creativity, personal growth and well-being.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Cyril Jackson Senior Campus please visit www.cyriljackson.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Santosh Pande, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9413 4700 / 0434 921 931 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager; and
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria 1, 3 and 5 by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria:
- The ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of and ability to use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills..
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.