Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA661065
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Millars Well Primary School (PS) is ideally seeking an experienced instructional leader with specialist literacy and numeracy curriculum knowledge to join their hard-working team. This role involves supporting high impact instruction, developing teacher knowledge and practice, and leading the school towards sustainable improvement in curriculum delivery. The role will involve mentoring through face-to-face and shoulder-to-shoulder teaching from K-6, as well as mentoring support and the development of comprehensive curriculum scope and sequence documents and lesson overviews for staff.
We are keen to hear from teachers with recent curriculum leadership roles focusing on either literacy or numeracy. The successful applicant will possess an understanding of the critical components of an effective literacy program and a response-to-intervention model of instruction. Awareness of the principles of effective numeracy instruction and high impact pedagogy in mathematics will also be essential in this role.
The teacher-leader we are looking for will have a strong understanding of the science of learning, and a commitment to supporting teachers and the leadership team to select, implement and embed highly effective programs and approaches. Applicants who are experienced with explicit direct instruction approaches and Kagan structures, and have supported colleagues to improve their skills in these pedagogical practices, should detail their experiences in their application. Experience participating in and leading peer observation and coaching will be well regarded.
We are seeking a team member who understands the importance of constructive and positive support for colleagues and consistently portrays respectful, outcomes-focused collaboration based on a whole-school mindset. This position would suit a teacher looking to develop or extend their leadership, and would suit an applicant who is Highly Accomplished and possess Lead Teacher skills and attributes. We encourage Level 3 classroom teachers, and teachers who wish to develop their Level 3 portfolios, to apply.
Millars Well PS provides a collaborative, safe, and vibrant school environment that empowers our students to realise their full potential as happy, independent and responsible members of our society. We have a strong focus on values, literacy and numeracy. Our staff are dedicated professionals and believe every student has the ability to be successful. We provide a safe, happy environment for our students so they can develop a lifelong love of learning.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Millars Well PS can be found by visiting Schools Online and the school website
For further job related information:
Please contact Wendy Moore, Principal, by telephoning 0428 838 425 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role as described in this advertisement and the business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for up to three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.