Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS661937
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
The Western Australian College of Agriculture – Cunderdin is seeking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic Vocational Trainer and Assessor – Engineering to join our dynamic team.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and motivated, with the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a team environment. Experience in the delivery of the VET Engineering Certificate courses and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is highly desirable. Industry currency, formal qualifications in engineering and capacity to facilitate large scale industry specific projects will be rated highly.
WA College of Agriculture – Cunderdin has a proven track record for continually developing competent, highly skilled graduates that are thoroughly prepared for post-school employment, further education and/or training. The successful applicant will pay a pivotal role in developing highly competent, work ready individuals.
The college is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) offering a variety of nationally accredited certificate training courses and our facilities, plant and equipment area always at the cutting edge of industry awards.
WA College of Agriculture – Cunderdin is located 160kms east and less than 2 hours from the centre of Perth and 45 minutes from Northam. The College is a nationally recognised education and training institution and a ‘school of choice’, offering students in Year 11 and 12 an innovative approach to learning. The college is made up of four primary areas – Farm, Trade Training Centre (Trades), Class and Residential, all of which will be working within the ‘Trades’ area of the college.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Relevant current industry skills, knowledge, experience and competency in the industry vocation or professional field.
- Comprehensive understanding and sound knowledge of the Vocational Education and Training Quality Framework, including Training Packages, Australian Qualifications Framework, the Standards for RTOs, Recognition of Prior Learning and competency based training and assessment.
- Ability to design and prepare training programs and assessment materials to a high standard.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills with the appropriate interpersonal skills for working with young people.
- Initiative and organisational skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture – Cunderdin can be found by visiting www.cunderdinag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Stephen Prangnell, Head of Department, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin, by telephoning (08) 9635 2100 or emailing Stephen.Prangnell@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Stephen Prangnell on 0427 001 503
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold one of the following:
- TAE 40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment: and
- TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A; and:
- TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B;
- a relevant higher qualification
- hold a relevant Certificate lll trade qualification or relevant higher qualification
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.