Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS663172
Atwell College is seeking to establish a pool of organised and hardworking Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
As a Cleaner, you will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Suitable applicants will be enthusiastic, motivated and proactive individuals who take pride in providing a high standard of cleanliness in order to provide a clean and safe learning environment for students, staff and visitors.
Atwell College is an Independent Public School (IPS) using the flexibility IPS status brings. Atwell College is a growing school within the modern locality of Atwell. The college logo of "Embracing the Future" is significant in the way the culture of the college is developing. The staff, students and community are all working towards developing a modern and inclusive school recognising the needs of modern youth.
As an Independent Public School, Atwell College is a vibrant community where lasting and collaborative partnerships are being developed. With enthusiastic and resilient staff who are focused on the students, parents and teachers; who work collaboratively and are well supported by the school's leadership team, the Parents' and Citizens' Association and the School Board. Every individual has a shared voice in the life of the school. The college campus is contemporary and offers modern facilities for its staff and students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Atwell College please visit www.atwellcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Dianne Podmore, Assistant Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6174 2200 or emailing Dianne.Podmore@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Employer;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 January 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED