Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS658660
Aveley Secondary College (SC) are seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
As a School Officer at Aveley SC you will use your skills and experience in an educational context to join our collaborative team. Suitable applicants will possess sound organisational skills and the flexibility to adapt to new roles and responsibilities to suit the growing business needs of the college.
The suitable applicants will ideally have a thorough understanding of how to apply high levels of customer service principles and practices, demonstrate exceptional communication and clerical skills and be a supportive, capable team member. Responsibilities include undertaking reception duties, meeting and greeting visitors’, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. You will also maintain school databases, publications, records and management information systems, to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date, along with general processing, receipting and excel spreadsheet tasks. Previous experience using RM Billing, RM Finance, Integris, Microsoft Office 365, Google and SEQTA will be highly regarded.
Aveley SC opened in 2018 with an inaugural enrolment of 260 students in Year 7. It will continue with an additional cohort each year until 2023 when it will have the full enrolments in Years 7 to 12. The college has a positive behaviour framework that is built on the premise that we develop the whole child; academic skills, social and emotional intelligence, as well as students who are engaged with the local community and with the contemporary world with a strong sense of global citizenship. Our college offers a diverse range of Academy courses for students that operate as extra curricula options. We provide state-of-the-art facilities including spacious general classrooms, dedicated Science labs, Cooking and Textiles rooms including a commercial kitchen, Sports Hall, playing courts and oval. Our facilities also include a dedicated specialist Education Support Hub and staff for students with high needs. In 2021 Aveley Secondary College will boast superior Visual and Performing Arts facilities.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Aveley Secondary College can be found by visiting www.aveleysc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Anne Gilchrist, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0424 898 693 or emailing Anne.Gilchrist@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.