Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS663563
Narrogin Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
We are seeking dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistants – Special Needs to join our friendly team.
Suitable applicants should have a genuine care and consideration for students, exhibit highly effective practices and a willingness to seek constant improvement in their own practice. In addition, you will have the ability to promote an environment of active and positive learning, and provide educational opportunities and activities which enable students to achieve their very best. You will be self-motivated, prepared to enthusiastically embrace new opportunities and work proactively towards achieving successful outcomes for students. Suitable applicants will possess sound written and oral communication skills along with competent computer skills which will assist the student and support the staff and/or therapist when aiding students.
Narrogin SHS is situated in the heart of Western Australia's richest agricultural area.
The Town of Narrogin is a major service and educational centre about two hours drive (193 km) from Perth. The hinterland is a farming area, with grain and wool production the major primary activities.
The imposing two storey structure of the school has pride of place in the town and has been built on the highest point in the district. On one side are extensive views over the town and on the other the clean, wide-open spaces of the farmlands. An extensive building program has resulted in a new Hospitality Trade Training Facility, a new Administration building, and new state of the art Music and Performing Arts centres.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Narrogin Senior High School can be found by visiting www.nshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Peter Trefort, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Narrogin, by telephoning (08) 9881 9307, 0408 904 059 or by emailing email@example.com.
All applications are to be submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.