Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS656797
This is a permanent full-time (1.0FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021.
Do you have a green thumb and enjoy working outdoors? Join us!
Ellenbrook Secondary College (SC) is currently seeking a hardworking and reliable Senior Gardener – Handyperson to join their friendly team.
As a Senior Gardener - Handyperson you must have a working knowledge of current Occupational Health and Safety policies and provide students and staff with a safe external environment. Experience in turf management on sporting grounds is advantageous. You will also ideally have experience in servicing horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks such as those on irrigation systems.
To be successful in this role you will possess knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals in accordance with the Department of Education policies and guidelines. Suitable applicants will also have experience in providing gardening advice to teaching staff to support students in educational gardening programs.
Ellenbrook SC is an Independent Public School catering for students from Year 7 to Year 12 on a modern campus. The College seeks to engage students and staff in an innovative and enriching educational environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Ellenbrook Secondary College please visit www.ellenbrooksc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Diarmuid McDonagh, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9297 9700 or emailing Diarmuid.McDonagh@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages. Please address selection criteria (2, 3 and 4) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.