Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS653530
Wanneroo Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
Suitable Applicants need to be confident working with small groups of students with minimal supervision, be highly motivated, flexible and enthusiastic about assisting teachers in implementing specialised education programs and creating a supportive and inclusive learning environment for students.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to provide feedback on education and therapy programs and to assist with the delivery of planned education programs. Experience in the use of technology such as iPads, laptops and interactive whiteboards is highly desirable.
Suitable Applicants will support students with their learning programs, work in a collaborative team culture and require knowledge of autism, mental health issues, global developmental delay and toileting issues.
May also be required to assist the teacher or therapist to understand when there is a communication difficulty between them and the student. May be required to assist students in the acquisition of life skills and self-management skills.
Wanneroo PS, which was founded in 1899, caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our families come from a wide geographical area including rural farm lots served by a school bus, town residences and rapidly increasing housing estates to the north, south and west of the town site. In 2005, Wanneroo and Wanneroo Junior Primary amalgamated and a new school was constructed with well-appointed facilities complete with air conditioned buildings set in secure and attractive grounds. Additional classrooms have recently been constructed which has allowed the school to extend its early childhood and specialist facilities.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wanneroo Primary School can be found by visiting www.wanneroops.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Kevin Simmonds, Associate Principal by telephoning (08) 9306 0500 or emailing Kevin.Simmonds@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of
- employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.