This advertisement has been amended as of Monday, 7 December 2020
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP659058
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Are you a natural born leader who thrives on challenges in a learning environment?
Manjimup Senior High School is seeking an experienced, highly effective Vice Principal with outstanding interpersonal skills to join the Executive Team.
The successful applicant will have proven skills and abilities in strategic planning, instructional leadership, enhancing academic success and working in collaboration within a leadership team and school staff.
They will also have an ability to lead workforce management including recruitment and deployment of human resources, and supporting Heads of Learning Areas in their role as instructional leaders. With a strong focus on maintaining a positive school culture, the Vice Principal will have demonstrated experience in building partnerships and public relations.
The Vice Principal will be a committed professional who is highly motivated, hardworking and have a strong capacity to strategically plan with the Principal to ensure the school maintains a culture of learning and success.
Manjimup Senior High School is a Year 7 to 12 Independent Public School with a friendly welcoming atmosphere and a committed and highly competent workforce. Established in 1957 the school is recognised for its high achievement and flexible approach to education and training. Manjimup SHS is the only Senior High School in the inland corridor of the Southwest Education Region. Surrounded by forests and a diverse rural landscape, Manjimup has an excellent range of commercial services and a reputation as a clean, green place to live. Manjimup is a short drive from Perth and is a regional growth centre. The school is part of the multi-purpose campus comprising Manjimup Primary School, Manjimup Education Support Centre, Manjimup Campus of South Regional TAFE. We also have a long standing partnership with Edith Cowan University.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
1. Demonstrated capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
2. High-level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
3. Demonstrated professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students. (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs.)
4. Demonstrated capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Further information about Manjimup Senior High School can be found by visiting http://www.manjimupshs.wa.edu.au/ or Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerry Mather, Principal by telephoning 9771 3400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 7 December 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.