Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS658021
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021.
Braeside Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated Cleaner, who can work in a team or work on their own.
As a Cleaner, you will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. Additionally, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
The successful applicant will have a general knowledge of cleaning and experience of how to store cleaning chemicals and use of cleaning equipment. Applicants will be required to attend Professional Development days held throughout the year.
Braeside PS is situated in the town of Katanning, in the central great southern region of WA. With a population of approximately 4 500, Katanning is the centre of a successful grain and sheep farming area.
Braeside PS is a small school of approximately 230 students, a unique blend of cultures including Malay, Aboriginal, Non Aboriginal, Burmese, African and Chinese backgrounds. We are a multicultural school with friendly, approachable staff. Braeside PS staff includes the registrar, part time office/library staff, Aboriginal Islander Education Officer (AIEO), Education Assistants of whom seven are directly employed to meet the special needs of individual students, seventeen teaching staff including an Arts Specialist teacher, a gardener and two cleaners.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Braeside Primary School please visit www.braesideps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Teresa Wigg, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Katanning, by telephoning (08) 9821 2328 or emailing Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 4 December 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.