Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE656774
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing January 2021 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
The Asset Planning and Services Branch is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to the role of Senior Development Consultant.
The successful applicant will assist in planning, monitoring and scheduling of infrastructure planning and development projects related to the acquisition and activation of school sites. You will provide input to the preparation of budgets and business cases for land acquisitions and infrastructure provision whilst providing advice on relevant legislation related to land assembly and infrastructure provision.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial experience and knowledge of the property and development industry.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of asset management principles, issues and government related processes, including the acquisition, management, infrastructure provision and disposal process for government real estate.
- Developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to deal with high level consultations and negotiations.
- Experience and knowledge of the land, development and/or property industries and associated issues.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to provide innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Highly developed written communication skills with experience in the preparation of policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Highly developed team management, leadership and planning skills with the ability to coordinate and deliver effective outcomes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Matt Turnbull, Manager by telephoning (08) 9264 5178 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 4 December 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED