Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE650165
Finance and Commercial Services are seeking to establish a pool of Senior Resourcing Consultant for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise in the Student-centred Funding Team during 2021 until the end of December 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2021 until the end of December 2021.
The Senior Resourcing Consultant will assist in the evaluation, development, implementation and review of policies, procedures and strategies, and participate in the ongoing identification of funding requirements. The successful applicant will monitor and provide advice on financial legislation and Government policy that may affect schools resourcing or operation of schools’ one-line budgets.
The successful applicant will analyse financial data and information and provide reports to assist in determining resource allocations for schools in accordance with the funding allocation mechanism whilst researching, evaluating and reporting on emerging trends and develop and implement continuous improvement processes for providing resources to schools. You will provide professional advice and support to schools for the implementation of resourcing initiatives and strategies.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Well developed skills and considerable experience in the provision of financial strategic advice to a broad range of stakeholders, including senior and executive level management.
- Well developed knowledge and considerable experience in contemporary financial management, including budget preparation, review and reporting, in a large/complex organisation.
- Well developed skills and considerable experience in financial planning and resource management at a strategic and operational level with the ability to deliver quality and timely budgets and related financial management services.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills to undertake consultation, collaboration, negotiation and to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on financial issues.
- Well developed written communication skills, including experience in contributing to reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial/Parliamentary requests.
- Well developed skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality products and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Well developed analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Alan Smith, Principal Advisor, Student-centred Funding, by telephoning (08) 9264 4141 or 0407 386 582 or emailing Alan.Smith@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing all of the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- hold a relevant tertiary qualification in business, commerce, finance or related field or equivalent substantial experience; and
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 4 December 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED