Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS656936
This is a four (4) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Beldon Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and reliable individual to join their team as Manager Corporate Services.
As the Manager Corporate Services you will work closely with the Principal to manage the day-to-day financial, physical and human resources aspects of the school’s business operations. You will provide operational input to the development of the financial aspects of the school’s business and marketing plans and monitor the school’s performance against these plans. To be successful in this role, you will ensure that effective financial administration of the school’s business operations is delivered, including financial processing and reporting to ensure achievement of the school’s strategic and corporate financial objectives.
The successful applicant will have outstanding interpersonal skills and the capacity to build strong relationships. The ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders would be highly desirable. Outstanding analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills are required, as are strong oral and written communication skills.
Beldon PS offers a balanced curriculum that focuses on the core shared values, literacy skills, numeracy skills and the social and emotional needs of students. Positive relationships and regular communication ensure a supportive and caring environment and a rewarding and challenging curriculum for all students.
Our school vision of "Aspire to Go Beyond" is deeply embedded in our literacy and numeracy programs. At Beldon PS, we develop the whole child by extending our curriculum to include specialist physical education, science, digital technology and art programs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beldon Primary School can be found by visiting www.beldonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Rhonda Williams, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9401 1144 or emailing Rhonda.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.