Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE652799
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Assistant Media Officer contributes to developing and implementing proactive media strategies and activities to promote public education and more than 800 public schools.
The role includes writing material for publication, including media statements, media responses, social media and other online content. An important part of the role includes establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the media to achieve positive media coverage for schools and the Department.
The Assistant Media Officer supports the team to ensure the media activities and events of the Department and public schools are coordinated and managed effectively.
The successful applicant will also provide administrative support to the Media team, including monitoring media coverage and updating databases and distribution lists.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Understanding of a journalism environment and experience in developing and implementing innovative and proactive media strategies and projects.
- Well-developed written communication skills, including the ability to generate accurate, tightly written, clean copy, and to proofread and edit material.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed administrative, planning and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Liz Di Giovanni, Manager by telephoning (08) 9264 5348 or emailing Liz.DiGiovanni@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- An up-to three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- hold a valid C Class driver’s license
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 3 December 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED