The moon was high and full in a cloudless night sky, lighting the land between the two creeks. Around the remains of a large fire the old people sat talking and worrying about the past, the future and their children. The oldest man leaned forward, took a handful of the warm white ash from the edge of the fire and threw it into the air. As the group watched the mist of ash in the moonlit air they saw the future bright and clear – Noongar kids leading in the Wadjela world.
Moorditj Noongar Community College (CC) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistant - Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs working under the direction of teachers and administration staff. Programs may include those that are current educational priorities in the school, as well as those that help in the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students. To be suitable for this role, you will be expected to create an encouraging, inclusive and supportive learning environment as well as being able to work with individuals and manage small groups of students. In addition, suitable applicants should be confident in their ability to work as a part of a team, be culturally inclusive, and flexible.
The College is a systemic school set in the quiet surrounds of Black Adder Creek, with 130 students enrolled at Moorditj Noongar CC from Kindergarten levels through to Year 7. Class sizes are small compared to other schools allowing for students to receive significantly more teacher-pupil time together, as well as our collaborative staff, help contribute to a positive working environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Moorditj Noongar Community College can be found by visiting www.moorditjnoongarcc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Stefanie Kirk-Burnnand, Deputy Principal by telephoning (08) 9374 8800 or emailing Stefanie.Kirkfirstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 26 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.