Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS657562
This is a permanent part-time (0.35FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Tom Price Primary School (PS) are seeking a dedicated and professional Library Officer to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will supervise the day-to-day operation of the library and provision of reference, information and associated services to teaching staff and students. You will be required to administer library systems, ensuring library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students and staff at all times. In addition, you will assist students and staff to select program and age appropriate materials, and prepare and monitor the library budget and make recommendations for new library resources.
Tom Price PS is a school for all. Building strong citizens, strong culture and strong community. Staff are fully committed to supporting students in their academic, social and emotional achievements. The school is committed to providing quality, focussed educational experiences to all students. Collaboration within the staff is expected and valued. Tom Price is located in the Pilbara (close to Karijini National Park). The town's community is very proactive, we have great kids, families and schools. The town has two Primary Schools and a Senior High School. The main employers in town are Rio Tinto, Sodexo, Health, Education, Contractors and Local Government.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- The ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tom Price Primary School can be found by visiting tpps.wa.edu.au.viper860.anchor.net.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Julie Watson, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Tom Price, by telephoning (08) 9188 3000 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 4 December 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.