Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS659650
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
As the School Officer you will provide administration support to the Middle School Associate Principal, and other members of the College Executive and Leadership team. As the first point of contact for at our College, you will provide excellent customer service and a welcoming environment to our College Community and visitors.
The successful applicants will be able to work collaboratively with key teams and individuals at all levels throughout the College. Our School Officers are apart of a Professional Learning Community and are fluid in their role. Experience with enrolment, attendance and data management processes will be beneficial to the School Officer Roles. Experience with VET, SCSA and RTP administrative processes will also be an asset to the roles.
The successful applicate will be part of our inclusive culture, where staff are not afraid to challenge the traditional model and be provided with professional development opportunities as we encourage our staff to be lifelong learners.
About the school
Joseph Banks Secondary College is an Independent Public School that opened at the start of 2015 school year. Our School is located in the suburb Banksia Grove, approximately 27 km from the Perth CBD. We cater for year 7 through to 12 students, with our first year 12 cohort graduating in 2019.
Our vision is to create a vibrant culture of excellence, opportunity and success for our students and staff. The focus of our work is on quality teaching and provision of the widest range of opportunities for individual achievement and learning success. Our goal is to develop the school as a centre for best practice in teacher development and student attainment through professional conversation and shared practice.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Joseph Banks Secondary College can be found by www.jbsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Shaun Barnett, Network and eLearning Coordinator, by telephoning (08) 9303 7452 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 26 November 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.