Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS657174
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Castlereagh School is seeking an enthusiastic Technical Officer – Pool Attendant to join their team.
The role of the Technical Officer – Pool attendant is to liaise with and assist school staff to design therapeutic and support/restraint equipment used by staff and students; construct, repair and operate therapeutic and support/restraint equipment and; purchase consumables and materials related to the construction and maintenance of therapeutic and support/restraint equipment.
You will monitor and maintain the school’s plant and machinery, to required safety standards and develop and maintain a maintenance plan and routinely record maintenance activities. The successful applicant will also be responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of the swimming pool water quality, equipment and signage in accordance with Government standards, policies and guidelines.
The Technical Officer – Pool Attendant ensures plant and machinery and related work site areas are kept securely locked, free from hazard and safe from intrusion. Certificate in Pool Operations for Group 2, 3 & 4 Pools would be a great advantage.
Castlereagh School is a purpose-built education support school which takes pride in motivating children and young adults aged four to 18 in a vibrant, nurturing, educational environment. Castlereagh School provides opportunities for students from Willetton through to Fremantle.
Our school is committed to assisting students in being the best they can be, in all they do. We strive to ensure all students have access to the best resources and facilities to enable them to develop into happy, active and purposeful members of their community.
Located in Willetton, Castlereagh promotes the dignity of each student and respects the diversity of students and their families, recognising their culture, language, practices, values and beliefs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience and competency in plant/machinery maintenance and building or construction involving plastics, electronics or electrical applications or a related discipline.
- understanding and application of the Occupational Safety and Health Act requirements relevant to the work area.
- good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- organisational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Castlereagh School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Ashleigh Scorer, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 9266 6100 or Ashleigh.Scorer@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position; and
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- hold a relevant qualification in Pool Operations or equivalent experience;
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.