Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS657080
This is a four (4) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you looking for a change? Then look no further! East Kimberley College are seeking and enthusiastic senior gardener to join their dynamic team.
As a Senior Gardener - Handyperson a working knowledge of current Occupational Health and Safety policies is highly regarded to provide students and staff with a safe external environment. Experience in turf management on sporting grounds is also advantageous. You will also ideally have experience in servicing horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks such as those on irrigation systems.
To be successful in this role you will possess knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals, high standard leadership skills in coordinating staff duties, rostered days off and leave in accordance with the Department of Education policies and guidelines.
East Kimberley College is one of the largest Kindergarten to Year 12 schools in the State with approximately 1100 students enrolled. With almost 52% of enrolments being indigenous, it also has the largest enrolment of Aboriginal students of any school in the State.
The College is located on a large, well-maintained and attractive site in the centre of Kununurra. The school draws from a diverse town population representing Aboriginal communities, agricultural, horticultural, mining and related service industries. An extensive range of State and Commonwealth agencies are represented in Kununurra and they work closely with the school to ensure the best support is available for our students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kimberley College can be found by visiting www.eastkimberleycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Lisa Oliver, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in the Kimberly by telephoning (08) 9168 4407 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school, see work related requirements (selection criteria) below:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in servicing horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Experience in coordinating and supervising staff.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application choose one of the following:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Email your completed application form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 10 December, 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED