Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA657774
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Cecil Andrews College is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Head of Department – Science to join our friendly team.
We are looking for a driven Head of Department – Science with strong qualities and capacity in curriculum leadership, effective team management, and strategic and operational planning processes responsive to student performance data and information.
The successful applicant will, in collaboration with the principal and the leadership team, provide strong educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting shared ownership of the school vision and strategic direction.
The successful applicant will ideally be a flexible and adaptive teacher, able to apply the strategies of differentiated instruction and explicit teaching across all year levels. They will also have high expectations, show a commitment to excellence, use a range of pedagogies and have the ability to establish and maintain a positive classroom learning environment. The successful applicant will ideally work collaboratively with students to provide an engaging and relevant learning environment to inspire and motivate students to engage in science.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience at embedding Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education into the curriculum and be able to work collaboratively with community and industry.
The successful applicant will ideally possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, which will be used to develop and promote the school’s values, ethos and priorities across the school community. You will work and teach in a team environment, be committed to whole school approaches and initiatives and focused on an evidence based approach to teaching through data analysis and self-reflection. As the successful applicant, you will ideally demonstrate active participation in professional learning opportunities and continually reflect on your classroom practice to sustain a culture of high-quality teaching and ongoing improvement.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cecil Andrews College can be found by visiting cecilandrewscollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nathan Morton, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9234 3400 or emailing Nathan.Morton@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position; and
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 1 December 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED