Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH656789
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.7FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Are you a dynamic, contemporary educator seeking a to join an Award-winning School?
Lynwood Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Music teacher committed to achieving outstanding educational outcomes for all students in our culturally diverse school.
Lynwood SHS is committed to appoint staff who are the right fit for our school and community. We have a strong commitment to delivering high quality learning experiences as such the successful applicant will need to exhibit:
- A deep knowledge of the Year 7 to 12 Music curriculum
- Experience in delivering Certificate II & III Music
- Outstanding application of assessment and reporting practices, which include a high level of data analysis skills to monitor the progress of students and classes.
- Experience in planning and delivering programs for Gifted and Talented Students, High Performance Learning Students and students with special needs.
- Experience in teaching students from a non-English speaking background.
- A valid Certificate IV Training and Assessment is required
- Relevant industry qualifications, with industry currency is required
- Commitment to supporting specialist school events, which may occur during the school day and/or outside of school hours
Actively supporting the school commitment to Explicit Instruction (EI) will be central to the position.
The successful applicant should be able to substantiate a strong commitment to the development of their own pedagogy via avenues such as targeted professional learning, collaboration with colleagues, membership of a professional learning team, use of student feedback surveys and formative assessment.
Aspirant leaders with the ability to manage and support key programs and additional activities at Lynwood SHS are encouraged to apply for this position. It is important that applicants demonstrate their capacity to engage purposefully across all aspects of this learning area.
Lynwood SHS became an Independent Public School in 2012 and won the WA Education Awards Secondary School of the Year in 2018 after being a finalist in 2015. We are in our third year of the Fogarty EdVance Program and will be continuing as an Alumni school from 2020. This program has strongly informed our professional learning, reflection and planning processes and a deep focus on evidence based, high impact teaching and learning strategies.
With an *ICSEA (Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage) of 977 (Band 6), we have around 55% language backgrounds other than English and over 60 different nationalities represented at the school. The school’s diversity and respect for difference is a feature, enabling our students to become positive, resilient and confident about their futures. An Intensive English Centre supports the development of language skills for students new to Australia. The school learning environment is extremely positive with a strong focus on student wellbeing and the development of social emotional learning through the Everyday Leader Program. Approved Specialist Programs in Soccer and Environment & Life Sciences supports a wide range of General, VET and ATAR courses. Lynwood is complex, diverse, challenging and much loved by the school community and staff. The passion and commitment of students, staff and community members working together in a spirit of absolute positivity about what our students can achieve, is a significant hallmark of this wonderful school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lynwood SHS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service and qualifications.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kelly Summers, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9354 0600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 3 December 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.