Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS656819
This is a permanent 0.4FTE position commencing Term 1, 2021
Are you looking for an exciting change?
Lakeland Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Workplace Transition Coordinator to join their school.
The successful applicant supports the operations of the Workplace Learning Program and assists in planning programs for individuals or groups to develop life skills and promote positive development and evaluates enrolment and completion data and provides report to the School Administration team. The Workplace Transition Coordinator researches and identifies pathways for employment or activities other than employment. In addition, you will assist in locating appropriate industry placement/activity providers for students and conduct site checks and meetings with prospective employers.
Lakeland SHS is a thriving school community. Extracurricular programs are in abundance and after school homework classes are well attended. Staff are highly committed and seek to develop friendly and supportive working relationships with students. A major school goal is to become the school of choice for the majority of youth living in the district. In working towards this goal the school has excelled in many areas, and developed programs that engender success. Lakeland SHS provides a calm and friendly atmosphere where students are encouraged to succeed and take pride in what they achieve. The school has two very successful Specialist Programs in Music Technology and Touch Football.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in developing, implementing and evaluating suitable programs for students acquiring life skills and/or accessing recreational activities.
- well-developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, employers and parents.
- sound organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities.
- initiative and sound problem solving skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lakeland SHS can be found by visiting www.lakelandshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Angelique Choo, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 6172 2200 or emailing Angelique.firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- hold or working towards a Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment or evidence of training and experience to support training outcomes;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 1 December 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.