Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS659570
Wilson Park Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
Wilson Park PS is seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer to their administration team.
As School Officer you will work collaboratively with the Manager Corporate Services to ensure administrative tasks are completed to a high standard. We are looking for an outgoing friendly School Officer who will be the first point of contact in our front office and will provide a caring approach to all visitors, staff and students. As the School Officer you will be required to be an active listener and be able to have effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The suitable applicants will desirably have experience in a school context and has a high level of understanding around department processes. To be suitable you should be highly motivated, able to effectively work under pressure whilst having high accuracy, have well developed interpersonal skills and be able to use your initiative.
Wilson Park PS has a rich tradition and history of serving the Collie community for over 60 years and our students have a strong sense of belonging and pride in their school. We are all affectionately known as 'Parkies' and we respect, support and care for each other. As part of our commitment to student success we provide a strong focus on targeted learning programs and supportive pastoral care.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wilson Park Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Christine Gorman, Principal , for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Collie, by telephoning (08) 9735 9300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 4 December 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.