Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS657716
Are you committed to building a positive school culture?
Yarralinka Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners in Charge for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
Suitable applicants should be highly motivated and proactive and take pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school. As we are a new school which is a two-stage build, suitable applicants may be required to work on their own initially.
The Cleaner in Charge ensures school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedure. They will have a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices. In addition, they will order stock and equipment as well as manage hazardous materials and the Material Safety Data Sheets. They will be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies, opening and locking the school, including setting the security alarm system.
It is expected that the Cleaner in Charge will have great communication skills as they will liaise closely with the Manager Corporate Services regarding cleaning matters. This will include conducting monthly cleaning inspections and addressing any issues and concerns that are brought to their attention.
It is expected that extra cleaning staff will be employed as the school grows. Therefore, the Cleaner in Charge will be someone who has some experience at supervising staff and can provide on the job induction training for new cleaning staff.
Yarralinka PS is a new school located in the rapidly growing suburb of Southern River. It will open in two stages- in 2021 stage 1 opens for Kindergarten and Pre-Primary students, whilst stage 2 will cater for Kindergarten- Year 6 students in 2023. This is a school located in a unique setting and seeks to reflect the aspirations and needs of our local community. The establishment of ongoing community partnerships will play a key role in the school’s future success.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Yarralinka Primary School please visit Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Chris Burgess, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9391 4340/0448 103 894 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A maximum three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria below:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Submit an online application using a school computer
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 1 December 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.