Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS657124
This is a permanent part-time (0.37FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Mullewa District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint an experienced, positive and enthusiastic Cleaner in Charge to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, liaising with the relevant manager on cleaning matters. You will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners. You will ideally be able to organise and supervise staff, and who has knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
As the Cleaner in Charge you will have good communication and interpersonal skills and preferably, experience in supervising staff.
You will be a highly motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school
Mullewa DHS, located approximately 99 kilometres east of Geraldton, caters for children Kindergarten to Year 12 on the main site and three and four year olds on our nearby off-campus location. Our team of teachers, Aboriginal education workers and experienced education assistants provide engaging classes for our students. The school has a strong focus on students' social and emotional well-being, literacy and numeracy with an innovative intervention strategy for students Kindergarten to Year 9. The school is creating purposeful programs to provide clear career pathways for our secondary students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Mullewa DHS please visit www.mullewadhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Lyn Joyce, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Mullewa, by telephoning (08) on 9961 1114 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below: (Selection criteria will be inserted to assist applicants)
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 01 December 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.