Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS657435
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Leeming Senior High School Education Support Centre (SHS ESC) are seeking a reliable and organised Network Support Officer to join their team.
The Network Support Officer will provide technical support and training including desktop and software application and access to systems and resources. They will be responsible for system enhancements, troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance of information systems and information technology (IT) equipment in accordance with the school’s needs and Department of Education policies and guidelines. The successful applicant will also monitor asset management, software and network related issues
Suitable applicants will hold excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, have effective communication skills; as well as an understanding of major operating systems and mobile devices, with their associated software. They will work collaboratively with partner school network administrators and work as part of a team to problem solve, prioritising IT projects.
At Leeming SHS ESC your child will thrive in an engaging and innovative learning environment. Our students come from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds - a feature which serves to enrich our learning environment.
The positive and inclusive environment we create ensures that all members of our school community feel welcomed, safe, respected and valued. At Leeming ESC we provide specialised educational programs to meet the needs of our students with disabilities who are aged from 12 to 18 years. We are located just 17 kilometres south of Perth close to the Kwinana Freeway.
The excellent facilities offered across the two school sites help our students to consistently achieve outstanding results. We embrace an IT rich learning environment and resource our classrooms to support the learning needs of our students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of Information Technology networks.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leeming PS can be found by visiting http://leemingesc.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Keran Davies, Principal on 9313 5408 or Keran.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.