Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS648592
This is a twelve (12) months fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
As the Manager Corporate Services you will work closely with the leadership team to establish and be responsible for the financial, physical and human resource processes of the school. The successful applicant will need to be motivated, possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. They will have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, and develop strong community relationships and links with staff, students and families, and be welcoming of cultural diversity.
The successful applicant will ideally have a high level of financial management skills and would have outstanding analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills, being solution focused and working closely with the Principal and leadership team.
Mandurah Primary School is an Independent Public School located less than a kilometre away from the picturesque Mandurah estuary. Founded in 1872, our school caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6 and provides them with a caring and nurturing learning environment.
We value and implement practices that promote personal growth and well-being. We recognise that everyone has the right to feel valued and be safe, understand their rights and obligations, and behave responsibly.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mandurah Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Jeanette Sampson, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning 9535 1575 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of four (4) pages statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of
- employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.