Please note that this vacancy has been withdrawn.
Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS649793
Do you have excellent interpersonal skills and are passionate about supporting students to achieve their full potential?
Dryandra Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
Suitable applicants will be reliable and flexible, whilst providing support and effective assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, their parents/guardians, teachers, the school and the community through the knowledge, understanding and sharing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, language and culture.
Suitable applicants will also act as a liaison between the community and the school in order to develop an education program that is relevant to both educational and cultural needs. Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers assist and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, particularly those at risk, through mentoring and pastoral care to ensure their participation and achievement in the school environment.
Our vision is to 'Prepare our students for tomorrow'. We believe in our fast paced, changing world, our students need to be adaptable, flexible and resilient. Being able to relate and interact with a whole range of people is a key ingredient for future success. We are fortunate to have a wide range of cultures and nationalities in our school with over 30 cultures, including students from Indigenous and Aboriginal backgrounds. We represent a microcosm of multicultural Australia. We learn about respect, tolerance and sensitivity towards others every day because this is our natural learning environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with students, teachers, parents, community members and professional staff on the provision and development of educational programs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact on a range of levels in a variety of settings and with different audiences, including community members, teaching and other professionals.
- The ability to contribute to a school-level team and to provide multi-cultural direction in the development of the educational program, development of language resources, and evaluation of education and behaviour management programs.
- The ability to effectively assist teachers in implementing educational and behaviour management programs.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- The ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dryandra Primary School can be found by visiting www.dryandraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Lee Geary, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9345 6400 or emailing Lee.Geary@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Aboriginality is considered essential for this position under section 50(d) of the Western Australian Equal Opportunity Act.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students are required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or equivalent), consistent with the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care, as determined by the Principal.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.