Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE652079
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP
Teaching and Learning Services – Statewide Services are seeking to appoint a highly dedicated individual to the role of Payroll and Administration Officer with the Swimming and Water Safety team.
The Swimming and Water Safety Section is responsible for the management and implementation of VacSwim and Interm Swimming programs that together provide school children in Western Australia with an opportunity to participate in a comprehensive and progressive swimming program. The VacSwim and Interm Swimming programs promote the safety and skills of students in water-based activities, providing access for all Western Australians to a safe, quality swimming and water safety program
The role of Payroll and Administration Officer is split between administrative and payroll duties. The position provides accurate and timely personnel and payroll services to the section including the creation and maintenance of employee records for all casual and temporary employees. The position also liaises and assists managers and other staff with the daily operational and administration requirements including research, word processing, data entry whilst running scheduled data integrity and quality assurance reports.
The successful applicant will be responsible for uploading a high volume of electronic Interm and VacSwim swimming staff paysheets onto the payroll system. Being able to demonstrate the ability to manage a high volume workload will be an advantage. The successful applicant will also be required to respond to requests and queries from swimming staff, supervisors, schools, parents and the general public and provide information and advice on the operation of programs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in undertaking payroll duties in line with industrial instruments, including processing salaries for a variety of staff.
- Knowledge and experience in administrative and clerical procedures with the ability to provide quality customer services.
- Well-developed data entry and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Leonie McKenzie, Team Leader- Swimming Programs by telephoning (08) 9402 6385 or emailing Leonie.McKenzie@education.wa.edu.au (not to be contacted for job application packages).
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A one (1) page statement addressing selection criteria 1 and 2 in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED