Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE648837
This is a permanent full-time position commencing January 2021
The Professional Standards and Conduct Division is seeking a highly dedicated and motivated individual to the role of Parent Liaison Coordinator.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing support, information and advice to parents and the wider community on integrity and complaints resolution. This role will review and evaluate the present model of handling complaints (misconduct and non-misconduct), with a particular emphasis on the management of parental complaints.
The Division provides strategic leadership to enable the development, implementation and effective management of policies and strategies that fulfils statutory obligations and ensures that the highest standards of professionalism and integrity are demonstrated by all staff in the Department. The Division provides strategic advice to the Corporate Executive on risk profiling and management, corruption prevention, internal control, complaints investigation and management and child protection strategies.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our Division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of conduct, integrity and complaints assessment and resolution within government.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and research skills with the ability to develop practical and innovative solutions to complex and sensitive problems within a complex environment.
- High level mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to constructively work collaboratively in a team environment and cooperatively with staff at all levels and from across different agencies and organisations.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including experience in the preparation of reports, briefings and discussion papers.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Fiona Hunt, Executive Director, by telephoning (08) 9264 4464 or emailing Fiona.J.Hunt@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing selection criteria 2, 3, and 5, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED