Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA650217
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Are you seeking a rewarding challenge?
Willetton Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and hardworking Head of Learning Area (HOLA) – English to join our friendly team.
As HOLA – English you will provide direction and purpose to staff, build team capacity and cohesion and promote an environment of positive quality learning experiences for all students. You will undertake an active role in the ongoing development and implementation of a positive and caring learning environment across the school. You will possess effective teaching, learning, assessment and behaviour management practices and a strong understanding of the English curriculum.
As HOLA – English, you will be able to deliver quality teaching, learning and assessment programs and in addition will develop and deliver the Western Australian Curriculum and Senior Secondary WACE Courses. The successful applicant will reflect and assess the effectiveness of teaching practice, promote an environment of active and positive learning, and provide educational opportunities and activities which enable students to achieve their highest potential.
You will be able to develop your team of teachers by providing curriculum leadership and work collaboratively to ensure quality teaching is delivered to meet the needs of all students. You must demonstrate an ability to build capacity in staff using a variety of teacher development and coaching methods.
Immediately on entering Willetton SHS, you will be struck by the positive engagement between students and staff. The warm and respectful relationships which exist reflect the collaboration between all members of the Willetton learning community and positive contribution of the School Board and parents alike, who share the common goal of inspiring students to achieve to the maximum of their academic, social and emotional potential. Willetton Senior High School is committed to empowering competent, skilled and socially responsible citizens of a world community and has a dedicated Student Services Centre staffed by highly trained practitioners to support both parents and teachers to this end.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Willetton SHS can be found by visiting willettonshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Colin Marshall, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9334 7200 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements , in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.