Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS648933
Roebuck Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 and 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2021.
Suitable applicants will be required to carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, suitable applicants would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed and it includes shampooing carpets and pressure cleaning various areas.
Roebuck PS is located in Broome and is 2200km from Perth. We are an Independent Public School (IPS) within the Western Australian public school system, and a member of the Broome School Cluster located in the northern suburb of Djugun, Broome. Roebuck PS believes through high quality teaching and leadership, students will be positive, resilient, inclusive and successful citizens.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Roebuck Primary School please visit https://www.roebuckps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online ‘
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact April Oswald, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning (08) 9192 3377 or emailing April.Oswald@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time
To submit your application,
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception Spoonbill Avenue Broome WA 6725 before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 2.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 29 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED