Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS649587
This is a permanent part-time 0.25FTE position commencing Term 1, 2021.
Mount Lockyer Primary School (PS) are seeking a cheerful, flexible and hard-working individual with an eye for detail to make a valuable contribution to their school in the role of Cleaner.
As a Cleaner, you will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning. You will play a vital function ensuring that the school is clean and provides a safe and hygienic environment for our staff, students and community members.
Mount Lockyer PS has a very strong collaborative environment where all work together and are accountable and responsible for the learning of every child in the school. We have a deep understanding of and connection to the students, staff and families of the Mount Lockyer Primary School community and broader community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Mount Lockyer Primary School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Christine Davidson, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Albany, by telephoning (08) 9842 0100 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED