Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS649001
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Are you a dedicated, motivated and enthusiastic person with experience and a strong focus in cleaning standards and practices?
Richmond Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an experienced, positive, enthusiastic and reliable Cleaner in Charge to join our friendly team.
The Cleaner in Charge ensures school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedure. They will organise and order stock and equipment as well as manage hazardous materials and the Material Safety Data Sheets.
The successful applicant will organise rosters and relief for staff on leave. They will manage cleaners time books and organise on the job training of new and current cleaning staff. They will work as a team with school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services.
Friendly, caring, inclusive, welcoming, nurturing, supportive and fun. These are just some of the words that our families and students use to describe Richmond Primary School, where our vision is for every child to be their best. An Independent Public School in East Fremantle, we are proud of our rich heritage and strong traditions as we prepare to celebrate our 100th year in 2021. We cater for over 400 students from Kindergarten to Year 6 who pursue knowledge and achievement of their potential.
At Richmond Primary School, our strong pastoral care program, excellent sporting record and solid academic performance encourage our students to pursue their very best. Our experienced and dedicated teaching staff maintain a challenging and engaging learning environment, where our students maintain academic results above the state average.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Richmond Primary School, please visit richmondps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Elaine Van Den Elzen, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9438 8702 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, and;
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 4 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.