Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS649025
Do you want take on Education Assistant Leadership and lead, mentor, coach and model good practice for other Education Assistant to improve student outcomes?
Success Primary School is seeking to appoint two permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
Upon commencement of this pool there will be two (2) permanent positions available starting Term 1, 2021.
Suitable applicants will be highly competent and experienced Education Assistants with a passion for working with students in a Mainstream and Education Support Context. The priorities and goals of this position are to assist students to reach their full potential through the development of their academic, physical and social and emotional skills. As a Lead Education Assistant you will lead, mentor, coach and model good practice to other Education Assistants. You will assist in the performance management of fellow Education Assistants, including classroom observations.
In consultation with key personnel, you will contribute to the design and implementation of behaviour management plans and other documented plans. This position is also requiring leading meetings, assisting with Inductions and Return to Work programs for Education Assistants in both mainstream and Education Support contexts within the school.
Suitable applicants will be required to work under limited guidance and are expected to participate collaboratively within a team environment, offering advice and expertise in the support of students presenting with a diverse range of physical and academic needs.
Applicants who are highly experienced in consulting with teachers, parents/caregivers and school psychologists or relevant professionals to contribute to the design and implementation of behaviour management plans and other documented plans will be highly regarded. Applicants with emotional intelligence and the capacity to build effective working relationships with fellow Education Assistants will also be desirable in this process. Our school embraces Patrick Lencioni’s Five Dysfunctions of a Team influencing a high performing team culture. Applicants should demonstrate superior collaboration skills, embrace coaching, be a team player, solutions focussed and strive for a positive school culture.
At Success Primary School, we embrace our school motto 'Unlock Your Potential,' where parents and the school community actively work together as a team to achieve improved outcomes for all children. We are an independent public school, who is highly inclusive of our primary students enrolled in both Mainstream and Education support settings within the school. Our vision is to nurture, educate and celebrate students who we regard as our future citizens. Our purpose is to unlock potential and empower students to learn and achieve by providing high quality teaching and a safe and supportive learning environment.
We foster a model of distributed leadership where staff have ample opportunities to lead best practice in the Western Australian Curriculum, participate in peer coaching and aspire to future leadership opportunities in and beyond the classroom.
We place emphasis and effort into raising standards in all learning areas with a priority focus on English and Mathematics as well as student Wellbeing. For our students with a disability, the curriculum provides opportunities to develop functional literacy linked to community access and Life Skills Programs. Our diverse learning programs are designed to cater for the learning styles, talents and needs of students who attend the school. They will also have opportunities with our special programs in science, music, visual art, physical education, and technology, as well as swimming for students with disabilities.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the delivery of education programs and/or behaviour management plans; and ability to identify problems and assist teachers and other Education Assistants in the development of strategies and solutions.
- Well-developed oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, mentor, coach, induct and train other Education Assistants and professional teams, including providing advice and evaluating education programs.
- Well-developed written communication skills, including report writing, and the ability to coordinate, collect and present student data at a whole school community level in a meaningful way.
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate staff rosters and relief to assist in the delivery of effective education programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Success Primary School can be found by visiting successprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Kristy Mularczyk, Principal by telephoning 0409 099 967 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate III in Education Support, (or approved equivalent), in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday 29 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.