Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH650512
Are you a confident and inspiring educator who can motivate students to excel in Health and Physical Education?
Melville Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of proactive, committed and passionate Health and Physical Education (HPE) Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
There are four (4) positions available commencing in Term 1, 2021.
As the school of choice in the local and wider community we are seeking to recruit passionate, dynamic and highly skilled Health and Physical Education Teachers, with a specialised skill-set in teaching netball being preferable. Opportunities for suitable applicants include appointment to our coveted Specialist Netball Program and to other positions within the HPE department where you will teach across the Year 7 – 12 Health and Physical Education curriculum.
This pool is seeking to attract teachers with any or all of the following knowledge and skills:
- Intermediate or higher, netball coaching qualification (for an appointment to support the delivery of our Specialist Netball Program)
- Skills or interest in teaching ATAR Physical Education Studies, Health Studies; and/or
- A Certificate 2 in Sport Coaching and/or a Certificate 2 in Outdoor Recreation.
The Teacher – Health and Physical Education at Melville SHS has a specialist skillset in teaching netball; suitable applicants will be responsible for working together with the Teacher in Charge of Melville’s state-wide accredited Specialist Netball Program which is endorsed by Netball WA.
Suitable applicants appointed to positions in Term 1, 2021 will join our highly motivated and dedicated HPE team, in providing a comprehensive range of learning experiences that support student knowledge, skills and achievement in the broad range of curriculum courses and events offered in HPE across Year 7 to 12.
This pool provides an excellent opportunity to be appointed to an outstanding school and a dedicated team of professionals committed to achieving school targets and delivering high quality teaching and learning programs that support students to thrive and achieve their potential. Melville is seeking personable, collaborative and adaptable team members who go above and beyond to support the achievement of outstanding outcomes for our students.
Melville SHS has been awarded the meritorious sports award as the best performing secondary school twice over the past five years in Interschool Sport (based on student population). The HPE department pride themselves on driving a positive and suitable sporting culture – where all students are encouraged and supported to participate, challenge themselves and aspire for excellence across a fully comprehensive school and inter-school sporting program.
Melville SHS has been a 'Top Public School' award winner every year since 2006 and strives to improve academically each year. We have a highly collegiate staff and a strong focus on professional development.
Melville SHS is a vibrant multi-cultural school which aims to provide students with a world class educational experience. This is achieved through the provision of opportunities for intellectual, physical, creative and social development through high quality teaching and strong pastoral care relationships.
At Melville SHS students will have access to our highly regarded programs including
- A state selected Gifted and Talented Academic Selection Program in the Humanities, Mathematics and Sciences.
- State accredited Specialist Programs in Aviation Studies, Graphic Design Media and Netball
- A School based merit-selected Academic Extension Course (AEC); and
- A widely acclaimed Music in Focus program
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Melville SHS can be found by visiting www.melville.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Cooke, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 6274 1300 or emailing Paul.Cooke@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three – four (3-4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to six (6) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.