Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS643962
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020.
Moorditj Noongar Community College is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Network Support Officer to join their friendly school.
The Network Support Officer will maintain the school’s information technology network to maximise both educational and administrative outcomes, within the Department’s asset management and security regulatory framework while providing advice to administration staff on technical issues associated with the network system. They will also maintain and improve school Information Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure, including computers, iPads and Interactive Whiteboards. They will also deal with ICT issues such as access to printers, updates to software, computer processes and Department of Education system updates and maintain accurate records of assets and resources. This position has become a very important role at the school.
The College is a systemic school set in the quiet surrounds of Black Adder Creek. There are 130 students enrolled at Moorditj Noongar Community College between 3-year-old Kindergarten and Year 6. The classes are small compared to other schools and this enables students to receive significantly more teacher-pupil time together. The students live in the Midland area and immediate surrounding suburbs.
Attendance rates are high because the children have access to transportation to and from school. Although there is a significant amount of movement to and from other schools many students return to Moorditj because they miss their friends and extended family members within the Indigenous context. The design of the buildings is symbolic of aspects of Aboriginal Culture.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of Information Technology networks.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Moorditj Noongar Community College can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Peter Freeman, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9374 8800 or emailing Peter.Freeman@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.