Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS651630
This is a permanent part-time 0.38 position commencing Term 1, 2021
Roleystone Community College (CC) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and hard-working cleaner to join their team.
As a Cleaner, you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties as required. The ability to work as part of a team will be highly valued.
Roleystone Community College is an Independent Public School providing a comprehensive and holistic education to students from Kindergarten to Year 10. We pride ourselves on providing promising futures for our students. We do this by providing an excellent breadth and depth of education, and a rich range of learning and extra-curricular opportunities. We see ourselves as a community asset and value and foster lasting partnerships in the community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Roleystone Community College please visit www.roleystonecc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Verna Splatt by telephoning 9391 6222 or emailing Verna.Splatt@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.