Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS650623
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Gwynne Park Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking a passionate and self-motivated Manager Corporate Services with exceptional skills to join our dynamic team.
You will ideally have the ability to effectively manage and oversee the school’s financial, physical and human resources including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures. Working knowledge of the Student Centred Funding, One Line Budget, RM Billing/Finance, RAMS and HRMIS systems are high regarded. The successful applicant will work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, and develop strong community relationships. They will exhibit analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and contribute to ongoing school improvement as a proactive member of the leadership team. Sound oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are a key part of this role.
As Manager Corporate Services the successful applicant will be required to administer and report on the financial compliance and integrity of the school’s business operations, provide input into financial planning and budgeting and identify and develop processes and systems that enhance the effectiveness of administrative functions. In collaboration with the Principal they will provide operational input to the development of school Business and Marketing Plans and monitor the school’s financial position and effectiveness against these plans. Collaborative administrative and financial management, support and involvement across a range of committees and contexts is desirable.
Our staff develop positive partnerships with colleagues, families and the community and actively contribute towards building and maintaining a productive, inclusive and progressive team learning environment. Parents and families are partners in the educational process at Gwynne Park ESC and the Manager Corporate Services is in constant liaison with members of the leadership team as well as families to support and promote strong outcomes for all students. It is desirable for the successful applicant to have capacity in developing and maintaining strong partnerships and community links that enhance the school programs and individual student achievement.
Gwynne Park ESC became an IPS in 2017 and is located on the same campus at Gwynne Park Primary School in the suburb of Brookdale. It is a purpose-built school with specialist facilities, equipment, sensory and therapy rooms, bike tracks, flying fox and engagement playgrounds. We have a current enrolment of 75 children across K – 6.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gwynne Park Education Support Centre can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Natasha Naylor, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9391 4050 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 2 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.